Sunday, April 6, 2008

Why go to Church?

Church needs to be a place of healing, of nurture, and of growth. This poem expresses this aspect of our community much more clearly than I could:

If This Is Not a Place

If this is not a place where tears are understood
Where can I go to cry?

If this is not a place where my spirit can take wing
Where do I go to fly?

If this is not a place where my questions can be asked
Where do I go to seek?

If this is not a place where my feelings can be heard
Where do I go to speak?

If this is not a place where you will accept me as I am
Where can I go to be?

If this is not a place where I can try to learn and grow
Where do I just be me?

(Attributed to William J Crockett)

3 comments:

Ellie Finlay said...

Just found your site through MadPriest.

This is wonderful. I will post it on one of my blogs

vicky said...

I just received this from a very special friend. It is beautiful!

Jan said...

This is wonderful. Thank you.